Brownie Crowd - 20i01C

Brownie Crowd - 21i01C

10x10” external dimensions; watercolor paper mounted on 3/4" thick wood cradle board w/hanging wire; wax treated

SOLD

Usually I exercise a deeply entrenched realistic bent in painting. But I came across a series of fun photos of wooden cat statues on display in a shop, and that cat in the middle, whom I named Brownie, just kept getting “star billing” in my paintings. I found some new freedom when I started using the statues as my models, because the need for realistic detail and perfection went right out the window and I was free to really play with ideas. Didn't cure my realistic bent or my tendency to detailed work, but it definitely enabled more playfulness.

 

Please be aware that although the surface of the watercolor paper has been sealed with wax, making it water resistant, it is still a paper item and should not be displayed in a high humidity environment, which could cause buckling or curling of edges.  Additionally, due to variations amongst computer monitors,actual colors may vary slightly from what appears on your screen.

All sales are final



 

Comments